Make an Appointment
Portuguese ID Cards and Passports/Power of Attorney
- Use the online tool at https://agendamentosonline.mne.pt/AgendamentosOnline/index.jsf - dates available from December 2018 onwards.
- Apply with VFS Global at http://www.vfsglobal.com/Portugal/USA/.
All other appointments
- Use this form to make appointments only within the area of jurisdiction of the Consular Section of the Embassy of Portugal in Washington, DC. If your State of Residence is not listed, see Consulates in the US to learn which Consular Office serving your area of residence should be reached.
- Consular staff will reply within 48 hours. Do not use phone calls to make an appointment.
- In your e-mail always indicate the following information for:
ID or Passport renewal:
1 State of Residency (If Virginia or Maryland, specify which city)
2 Full name and D.O.B.
3 Expiration dates of both citizen card and passport or whether it is a first time request of documents.
4 Possible urgent travel date.